I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

World Music Wednesday

A recent exciting discovery for me for those days when I am feeling global and exotic is the National Geographic World Music site. A very cool foray from the grandaddies of all things international, and a logical extension for them, this site features a FREE weekly download of a world music track (this week's is an upbeat calypso "punta rock" track from Belize's Andy Palacio).

In addition to the free weekly download, you can search by region, by artist, by genre, and more. There are video features, guest DJs from around the world, and free World Music podcasts. It really does the job so well that I could just completely surrender the effort of finding stuff on my own and just let that be my hookup from now on.

So whether you studied abroad and long to return, spent a fabulous vacation on some alluring isle, or have a heritage to explore, you should take a gander - http://worldmusic.nationalgeographic.com


National Geographic: It's not just pictures of women with really, really long breasts anymore.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Heather, Thanks so much for the link, and giving notice to Worl Music when you can. Trust me, it doesn't get unnoticed and here's hoping more indie kids will take nottice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter