I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Purple parallelogram I got in Amsterdam (made me dream a dream I didn't understand)

I've had this one in my queue for months now, and heartily singing it out the other day in my car made me finally decide to post it up. This is a rockin' little pop song, written by Noel Gallagher from Oasis and Evan Dando from The Lemonheads. According to Dando, speaking around the time of the release of Definitely Maybe: "We met about a month ago and hit it off, then last night we collided in Paris. We'd both been playing the Lowlands festival in Holland this weekend and we wrote a song together called 'Purple Parallelogram.'"

Purple Parallelogram - The Lemonheads/Evan Dando

A friend once bet me a shiny nickel that no version existed of Noel Gallagher singing this:

Purple Parallelogram - Noel Gallagher

It does, it does. It's rough, but fun.

Makes us all want sing heartily about psychedelic drug excursions (but not in front of the kids).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger David M Gordon said...

Interesting art. Is it the cover art for the CD (or EP), or are you the artist?

If the latter, do you have more art available online for viewing, if not sell?

 
At August 02, 2006 10:56 PM, Blogger moe berg said...

glad you won the nickel. hell of a find.

 
At August 04, 2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Rich said...

What Spencer said.

 
At August 05, 2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Awesome Heather... thanks!

 
At August 29, 2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I heard the stories of the song when Evan Dando went mental and became Oasis' groupie back in 1995. I didn't realise that versions of the song existed.

Many Thanks!

 
At February 15, 2008 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks heather.. always loved the heads version but never heard the Gallagher one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter