I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Matt Nathanson announces Fall tour: I think you should go

I am a big fan of Matt Nathanson, as I have amply chronicled here, here and here. I 've only seen him live once, which sparked my fandom. So I've been checking for tour dates on and off over the last year, but nothing in my neck of the woods . . . until now! Matt has just announced a fall tour, co-headlining with Carbon Leaf (who I know nothing about except for that they have that tune "Life Less Ordinary," and their brogue reminds me of drinking songs to sing heartily after a few pints).

The good tour news is: three stops in Colorado. And likely your hood too.

Matt Nathanson gets my highest recommendation as an artist you should check out live if you can. As I have said before, not only does he write stirring, incisive songs, he's also one of the funniest mofos you will ever see live. It's like getting a stand-up comedy routine thrown in for free along with your concert.

You will go home with your sides aching (and if you don't, then your humor thingie is broken and I don't want to talk to you).

MATT NATHANSON TOUR DATES
Sep 15 - Austin, TX Austin City Limits Festival
Sep 20 - Mill Valley, CA The Sweetwater Saloon (RAD venue!)
Sep 21 - Los Angeles, CA The Roxy Theatre
Sep 22 - San Juan Capistrano, CA The Coach House
Sep 25 - Tempe, AZ The Clubhouse
Sep 26 - Tucson, AZ Club Congress
Sep 28 - Park City, UT Suede
Sep 29 - Denver, CO Bluebird Theatre
Sep 30 - Ft. Collins, CO The Aggie Theatre
Oct 1 - Boulder, CO Fox Theatre
Oct 2 - Lawrence, KS The Bottleneck
Oct 3 - N. Minneapolis, MN Fine Line Music Cafe
Oct 4 - Madison, WI Palace Music Club
Oct 5 - Chicago, IL House of Blues
Oct 6 - St. Louis, MO Mississippi Nights
Oct 7 - Louisville, KY Headliners Music Hall
Oct 9 - Nashville, TN The Exit/In
Oct 10 - Cincinnati, OH 20th Century Theatre
Oct 11 - Cleveland, OH Beachland Ballroom & Tavern
Oct 13 - Indianapolis, IN The Music Mill
Oct 14 - Detroit, MI St. Andrew's Hall
Oct 15 - Toronto, Ontario El Mocambo
Oct 17 - Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
Oct 18 - Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theatre
Oct 19 - Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live
Oct 20 - Washington, DC 9:30 Club
Oct 23 - Burlington, VT Higher Ground
Oct 25 - Providence, RI Lupo's at the Strand
Oct 27 - New York, NY Irving Plaza


SONGS: There's a new recent live set from Matt a few weeks ago in Seattle (on the Live Music Archive) when he opened for my boys Toad The Wet Sprocket. There is this cool Flash plug-in thing at the top where you can stream all the tracks and then decide if you want to download it or not. Tres cool.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the songs you posted of his a while back - great cover of "Romeo and Juliet". He was here in Spokane with Toad, also, but I didn't think I could stay awake through their set. I like a few tunes of theirs, and God knows I'm a pop guy, but I always found them a little...blah. Maybe I'm missing something.

 
At August 30, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger heather said...

You're missing something.

;)

 
At August 30, 2006 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I was afraid of. I trust your opinion implicitly. Tonight I will get out my "Best Of" Toad cd and take a journey of re-discovery. Thanks Heather.

 
At August 30, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger heather said...

Why thank you, but there may be some danger in trusting my opnion implicitly. I mean, I like Jovanotti for goodness sakes.

:)

But do give Toad another few spins, check out the post I linked to in this post (the words "my boys") and see which songs in particular are my favorites. That's where I would recommend beginning. Let me know your verdict!

 
At September 01, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Julio Enriquez said...

i think i may catch him @ acl...i listened to him a while ago, and i couldn't help but make that john mayer comparison....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter