I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Firefox Revolution

Holy lord. I just viewed this blog in Internet Explorer and I am horrified. Apologies if you view it in IE. I switched recently to Firefox (at the behest of Chad and iGIF, among others) and it looks fantastic - clean, easy to read. IE is a nightmare - big font, weird picture & video placement - AHHH! I would never voluntarily make my site look like that, as if it had been hacked by a seventh-grader who had drank too many Mountain Dews.

So consider switching. It's free, and from the hushed tones of those who speak of it, it is vastly better in terms of virus protection and security and stuff. Plus it looks good, which, as we all know, is clearly most important in life.


11 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 10:33 AM, Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

honestly Heather;
when a site as priceless as this is around, it's not the looks it's the content.
BTW it looks mighty fine on IE

 
At August 04, 2006 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I prefere Firefox too, but I just took a look in IE, and it looked exactly the same to me.

 
At August 04, 2006 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! But you might want to delete the extra posts. :)

 
At August 04, 2006 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those extra posts.
So you were hacked by a 7th grader huh.

 
At August 04, 2006 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
I love this blog, but something is seriously wrong with your new set up: it freezes for no reason, is slow as molasses in winter, and there's a zillion firefox revolution duplicate posts!
Hope you can get it fixed soon :>
p.s. my computer's fine everywhere else.

 
At August 04, 2006 5:50 PM, Blogger Kit "Blanche Deveraux" said...

hm...i'll have to consider firefox. cool site. cool cool cool.

Check out my blog and leave a comment:

roseonathorn.blogspot.com

 
At August 04, 2006 10:00 PM, Blogger Trini said...

I only use Firefox!

 
At August 05, 2006 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looked just fine for me until a few days ago; presumably about the same time you started using firefox. I like my Avant browser (based on IE, but with much more functionality)

 
At August 06, 2006 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, FF is perfect..

Let me know when the famed XPCOM:EVENT RECEIVER starts kicking in, and your computer won't shut down. Hmm, maybe a good thing, not sure.

Flipping nightmare with latest Fire Fox. Loads pages like mud. I hate them all.

 
At August 06, 2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Chad said...

woo-hoo! you joined the cool club! :)

 
At August 15, 2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have the XPCOM:EVENT RECEIVER problem where it won't end program automatically, so I have to click on "end now" --- minor inconvenience compared to the benefits of FF. Good luck on your blog site --- it looks great. I'm anonymous only because I haven't taken the time to sign up yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter