I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Unreleased Jesse Malin song: "Fallen Angel"

An astute reader sent me a heads-up that Jesse Malin (warbling NYC singer-songwriter-rocker, former frontman for D Generation, longtime pal to Ryan Adams) has posted a previously unreleased song on his MySpace, recorded for The Fine Art of Self-Destruction sessions. Malin combines his fragile and aching voice with a plaintive melody here which builds into a stellar chorus - did I see Ryan Adams and Jesse sing this together in San Francisco in April? Who remembers what they duetted on? It sounded instantly familiar when I heard this warm song with a hint of lonesome country sensibilities.

Fallen Angel - Jesse Malin

Both Jesse's The Heat album (2004) and The Fine Art of Self-Destruction (2003) are available on eMusic.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 05, 2006 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe they played "Solitaire" together in April. Love your blog.

 
At July 06, 2006 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi heather, would you consider setting up a feed for LJ?

 
At July 06, 2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had no idea he fronted D-Generation. I saw them open for Social D in Philly and didn't like them much. I remember one radio-friendly type of hit they had that echoes Black Haired Girl. I like Malin solo stuff. Thank you for all your hard work. You=champion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter