I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs (aka Sid & Susie) on NPR's World Cafe

Ooh, I've been looking for this show. The day after their U.S. release of their fantastic little gem of an album stuffed full of '60s covers (Under The Covers, Volume 1) Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs visited the WXPN studios in Philadelphia on 4/19/06 to discuss their collaborations as "Sid & Susie," their song selections for this album, and how they met as Austin Powers' backing band in the movie.

A really nice listen for a Saturday afternoon.

SETLIST:
01.
Opening/Interview
02.
See The Rain (The Marmalade cover)
03. Interview (2)
04.
Cinnamon Girl (Neil Young cover)
05. Interview (3)
06.
Different Drum (Stone Poneys/Linda Ronstadt cover)
07.
Interview (4)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

Didn't Michael Nesmith write "Different Drum"?

 
At July 10, 2006 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting the audio.

 
At July 10, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sweet. Thanks a lot.

Oh I'm sure you have this but I just posted the Pearl Jam Bridge concert from 1994 (plus another post of 4 other songs tomorrow)

Like I said figure you have it but just in case I'd let you know since I know how big a PJ fan you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter