I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The world readies itself for soccer madness (football to the rest of the world)

The FIFA World Cup kicks off tomorrow in Germany (mere hours from now, given the time change) and I am all over that action. See, I have joined c's Blogger's Paradise peeps on the ESPN Pick 'Em site. I have logged my initial predictions - and between you and me, I have NO IDEA (really) what I am doing. But I am good guesser. And I can trash talk with the best of them, so no one will ever suspect.

Here is some mood music for the occasion: British band Embrace wrote the official anthem for this year's games. Although some scoffed, it is pretty dang triumphal sounding -- only occasionally lapsing into cheesy -- and the Oakenfold remix is even more booty-shakin-in-the-stands.

World At Your Feet (Oakenfold Radio Remix) - Embrace


Let the games begin.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't terrible but we've had better! On the other hand, we have much, much worse World Cup songs out at the moment. I won't mention names for fear you might actually seek them out....

 
At June 09, 2006 7:07 AM, Blogger D. said...

Come on Heather, predictions are easy - Brazil is going to win!
;)

 
At June 09, 2006 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a £ for all the ##it that I hear talked about football. Don't get me started on the papers, what with Shreks metatarsel etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter