I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Dude, we're gettin' the band back together!

This is one of the funniest comments I've gotten in a while on my blog (intentionally funny? unintentionally funny? who knows but it made me laugh):

Posted by Calle Sjönell to "Stone Roses Day on Torr's site"
5:37 am (8 hours ago)

(the regular part)
"I saw your post on The Stone Roses and figured I had to tell you this; I have put up a website dedicated to reunite The Stone Roses."

(the hilarious part)
"I have put aside 2000€ to the Stone Roses Therapy Fund if they would want professional help to get Ian Brown and John Squire to start talking to each other.

Visit www.stonerosesreunion.com for more information."

--Posted by Calle Sjönell to I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS


That's fabulous to pay for their therapy. If we all started funds like this, just imagine the possibilities of bands we could get back together! Let's brainstorm who needs it the most.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 11, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Does anyone come close to the original Guns n' Roses?

 
At June 11, 2006 7:21 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

funny, magnoliafan, that's immediately who came to my mind!

 
At June 11, 2006 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The original Replacements lineup? How much therapy needed there?

 
At June 12, 2006 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think the most obvious candidates (and probably most expensive therapy wise) has to be The Smiths, although maybe if we got Johnny Marr to sponsor a 'Save The Canadian Seals' campaign then Morrissey might come around

 
At June 17, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Allen said...

Uncle Tupelo. Pavement. The Unicorns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter