I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, May 26, 2006

California here I come . . .

. . . Right back where I started from.

I've been in the Golden State for less than 2 hours and I've already gorged myself on In'N'Out (I was trying to explain the phenomenon of In'N'Out to my friend earlier in the week when we were out for a run, and I found it inexplicable, other than to say "It's REALLY GOOD"), and run into some old students from the University where I work(ed) as I was getting into the airport.

I am in my (OG) element, and I am a happy camper. Posting will, obviously, be scanty this weekend, but I have some ready-prepared stuff that I may throw out there. Be good, kids, and thank a veteran this weekend! I am off to go out with some old friends, and I can't tell you how good it feels.

3 Comments:

At May 27, 2006 8:09 AM, Blogger Tattoosday said...

In 'N Out rocks! As a transplanted ex-Californian in Brooklyn, it is, certifiably, impossible to describe the greatness of their burgers to anyone who has not experienced them.

By the way, did you see PJ played "Leash" in Boston Thursday night?

 
At May 27, 2006 9:21 AM, Blogger c said...

in 'n out may be my favorite thing about CA. yum. have fun!

 
At May 27, 2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Trini said...

That is too funny. People just don't understand how good In N Out is. My friends were in from Dublin and the first place a took them for a real burger was In N Out, needless to say, they fell in love.

I might have to write a restaurant recommendation on that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter