I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wait, who sucks the most at this Earth Day business?

Happy Earth Day y'all.

I sat down to write this post and then had to chuckle as I took a retrospective look at how I have inadvertently commemorated thus far today:

-Took a shower that was far too long & hot (but needed after my late night)
-Drove around town doing a bunch of errands, SOLO, with the windows down (doesn't that decrease fuel efficiency?)
-Accidentally left some lights on all morning
-Did a very small load of laundry to get some mustard out of my sweater I was wearing

I am ON A ROLL, folks. Environmentally conscious, that's me! Next I think I will dump some used motor oil down the storm drain, maybe club a baby seal.

(Oh, and please don't leave me hateful comments if you don't understand the sarcasm)

"The Outdoor Type" - The Lemonheads
("I can’t go away with you on a rocking climbing weekend
What if something’s on TV and it’s never shown again
Just as well I’m not invited
I’m afraid of heights
I lied about being the outdoor type

Never learned to swim
Can’t grow a beard or even fight
I lied about being the outdoor type")

"Insects Rule" - Brendan Benson

"I Like Birds" - Eels

"The Green, Green Grass Of Home" - Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison

"In My Tree" - Pearl Jam

10 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Nathaniel said...

"Next I think I will dump some used motor oil down the storm drain, maybe club a baby seal."

Hateful comments? I laughed pretty damn hard when I pictured you clubbing a seal and surreptitiously pouring oil down a drain. Hahahaha!

Priceless.

 
At April 22, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Seriously, are we the same person? That's my favorite part of that Lemonheads song. In the words of Ben Fong-Torres: Craaazy.

 
At April 22, 2006 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. that sounds remarkably like my own annual earth day celebrations (not the clubbing-of-a-baby-seal part, of course).

 
At April 23, 2006 9:00 AM, Blogger c said...

watch out, i'm coming to give you a smack.
love,
heather mills mccartney

;)

 
At April 23, 2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

god i am one lame tree hugger - i had no clue it was earth day. someone really oughta send out email reminders for this stuff!

 
At April 23, 2006 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earth Day!!!
How about an Earth YEAR. We really need to get behind those in power, both corporate and political(one in the same?) who actually live the values of Earth Day. Yeah, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but if we band together to boycott and make uncool the great offenders, then we may get somewhere and not just for a day.

 
At April 23, 2006 2:16 PM, Blogger heather said...

c, i could TOTALLY take on heather mills. bring it on, man! ;)

 
At April 23, 2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

Heather, its kyle, here is the links to unlock iTunes music, http://hymn-project.org/download.php and here is an artical about it http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/3092 hope that helps you!

 
At April 23, 2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Ledbelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 23, 2006 9:54 PM, Blogger c said...

yes, i believe you could win the battle of the heathers. no doubt. (OMG - awesome movie, btw - "heathers")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter