I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Joan Miró

Check out the cool Google logo today for Catalan surrealist artist Joan Miró, born today in 1893:

Miró was a master of the surrealist movement, along with contemporaries Dali, Magritte, and Kahlo. Of the approach, Miró said: "Rather than setting out to paint something, I begin painting, and as I paint, the picture begins to assert itself, or suggest itself under my brush. The form becomes a sign for a woman or a bird as I work . . . the first stage is free, unconscious. . ."


"Miró's floating biomorphic shapes, hovering, vibrating, advancing, and retreating, are suggestive of musical tones made visible. The tempo is light and graceful, the mood playful and humorous."
-- from Art Through The Ages, Gardner

Colorful Revolution - The Redwalls

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 21, 2006 6:50 AM, Blogger matthew said...

I really enjoyed the Miro logo, too... too bad it got taken down due to a complaint of copyright violation. I blogged a bit about this yesterday.

 
At April 25, 2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Fun stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter