I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Unreleased Black Crowes album at Aquarium Drunkard

Aquarium Drunkard, as usual, rocks my face off. He's got a "lost" Black Crowes album, The Band, from 1997 up on his site. Some good, good stuff. He says:

"The Black Crowes' lost album The Band (aka Meet The Band) recorded in Atlanta in 1997, was to be the follow-up to Three Snakes & One Charm. Mixed and sequenced, it was shelved and Crowes released By Your Side in it's stead. One listen and it is evident The Band is twice the Crowes experience By Your Side is. Crowes fans take note: I consider this album practically in the same realm of quality as Southern Harmony and Amorica."

These have been floating around since 2002, but if you don't have these tracks head on over there to download:
"Never Forget This Song"
"Smile"
"Paint An 8"
"Another Roadside Tragedy"
"If It Ever Stops Raining"
"My Heart's Killing Me"
"Predictable"
"OK By Me"
"Wyoming & Me"
"Lifevest"
"Only A Fool" (I love this song!)

Oh, also, he has a jubilant Replacements post in which he uses the phrase "burst into rock & roll flames," which I think is a pretty apt description.

Have fun!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

i saw those on AD's site - very cool!

 
At March 23, 2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

didnt u too burst into flames??

 
At March 23, 2006 8:24 PM, Blogger heather said...

i did, justin. it was spontaneous combustion, and it was thorough and complete. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter