I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Jeopardy soundtrack

As I sit here and wait for the online Jeopardy test to begin (03:31 remaining until test time), what, pray tell, is my soundtrack?

Oh, YOU KNOW IT:

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?


Yo, His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgetting...


You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo,"


I am compelled. Thanks Eminem.


UPDATE: It was brutal and bloody. We'll just have to wait and see if I am as smart as I think I am, they don't give you a score or anything. What playful American invented the mobile? Who would know "Calder"?? I totally blanked on Gabriel Garcia Marquez, even though he is one of my favorite authors. And a question about Renoir threw me because they gave the English translation of the painting name instead of the French, which is what I learned (sniff). That business is harder than it looks on TV! (but to my delight it even played the Jeopardy music in the browser window)

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 5:38 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Boooooo on hard questions.

You're a late bloomer and in double jeopardy you're going to bloom.

Sorry just watched one :)

 
At March 31, 2006 6:13 AM, Blogger matthew said...

Calder is brilliant. Don't hold a grudge. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter