I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jeff Buckley: Satisfied Mind (Live at the Knitting Factory)

Oh, it almost hurts:


That is one of my favorite songs that Jeff ever recorded (a raw and unfinished version appears on Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk), and is my favorite rendition of this song out of all the other artists who have also put their unique stamp on it. I love the way the bluesy guitar practically weeps, and how his voice soars and reverberates. The beauty in this song just kills me.

In the liner notes for My Sweetheart The Drunk, Bill Flanagan writes:
"Jeff's mother decided the end the album as Jeff's memorial service ended, with a tape of him singing 'Satisfied Mind.' It's a good reminder that music for Jeff was, more than anything else, a source of joy. These recordings capture him in all his talent and contradictions, full of life. Though the sadness of his death will never fade, his joy will still come through."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing !

Léo

 
At July 22, 2007 3:38 AM, Blogger NiNiNuK said...

oh
video is gone already
:(

 
At August 25, 2007 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

video no longer unavailable...well, I guess I should have been quicker on my feet (or mouse, at it were). thanks anyway for this blog, it's a wonderful idea!

a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter