I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Feelin' all limericky


You guys all rock. Thanks for making me laugh with all the great limericks submitted in my first Fuel Contest. The world would be a better place with more widespread use of rhythmically metered speech (but I guess that's what P Diddy has been trying to tell us all).

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED! I wish you could all win (and I'd like to buy the world a Coke, I know, I know....)

My grand poobah victor who gets the Brandi Carlile CD was actually also the first limerick I received. Congratulations to Jethro at the Phidelity blog, straight outta New Hampshire. His submission made me laugh, it's relevant, and while it's not flawless in terms of the traditional limerick metering, it's apropos for us blog-lovers, so it takes the tops:

there once was a band called death cab for cutie
sufjan stevens, and the polyphonic spree
there was of montreal
and dashboard confessional
forgive me father..... i downloaded them all on mp3


My friend Heidi actually delivered this limerick gleefully in person late Wednesday night while she was out walking her dog ("was that someone knocking at the door?") so she gets bonus points for that, plus she is the one who used the word "ergo" AND her meter is impeccable. BUT if she won it all, I would fear cries of "nepotism!" and a rebellion on my hands, so she gets second prize and a Heather-made mix CD for this one:

In the musical climate we're in
So much of the story is spin
The issue, ergo
is my need to know
If Britney is knocked up again


And finally an honorable mention goes to Mr. Ekko of the Berkeley Place blog, who wrote me this sweet little reflective piece:

I cannot write a limerick
But I do feel really sick
ain't thinking of buyin'
any more Ryan
Cause Lost Highway records sucks dick


Aaah, poetry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2006 4:55 PM, Blogger evan said...

Honorable mention?? I wuz robbed!

(Just kidding. Keep up the great work, Heather.)

 
At April 03, 2006 9:04 AM, Blogger heather said...

Herr skeptiker,
Müntefering is indeed a huge fan of limericks. HUGE.

Thanks for the wikipedia action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter