I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A couple of Andrew Bird duets

This post is for my sister's boyfriend Scott, who everytime I talk to him says something to the effect of, "How 'bout that Andrew Bird?" - or when I am talking to my sister on the phone, yells from the background, "Hey, Heather! Andrew Bird rocks!"

So, Scott, this is for you, you wonderful person you. Andrew Bird is indeed splendid, thanks for including him on the mix CD for me (Oh, and thanks for making my sister so happy).

"London Town" - Emily Loizeau & Andrew Bird
(Partly in French! Backstory/song found at Keep It Coming)

"Oh Sister" (Bob Dylan cover) - Andrew Bird & Nora O'Connor
Nora also sang harmonies on his 2005 album The Mysterious Production of Eggs (Thanks Chad from Everybody Cares for unearthing this one)

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Duke of Straw said...

I LOVE oh, sister. In fact one of the greatest Dylan cover I have ever heard. I missed out on the Mojo when it came out. I can't thank you enough for posting this track. Keep up the good work.

 
At March 06, 2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Chad said...

That "Oh Sister" cover is pretty much one of my favorite covers of all time. I can't believe I didn't post it until now...everyone always loves it!

(Thanks for the blog shout-out)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter