I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, February 17, 2006

So . . . can you get all 36?

Jason Forrest has designed a sonic assult of samples from, well, 36 of his favorite punk songs, all squeezed into 2 minutes and 21 seconds of madness. Listening to this was like being on a really fast train (like Willy Wonka in that tunnel, original version of the movie), trying to pick up on something, but before your synapses could process it, it's gone, and something else is competing for your attention.

So, how many can you pick out? I am only at like 6 that I am relatively sure of. If anyone gets over, say, 20 (without Googling for a list of the answers), I will write you a limerick and you will have my undying admiration. And that's something, champ.

"My 36 Favorite Punk Songs" - Jason Forrest

From his 2005 album Shamelessly Exciting (and it is, isn't it?).

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i thought i'd do better. i've got, like, the ramones. and that's about it so far. i suck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter