I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Odds & ends

Here are some interesting and/or alarming things that I have found noteworthy of late, brought to you in an easy-to-follow outline style, which makes me SO glad that I am no longer in school writing papers (ha ha suckers).

a) From Buddy to Sufjan - 50 Years of Music Chain - This is just about the coolest thing I have ever seen, coming from she who LOVES covers with an unabashed passion, and also loves creativity and history. And it has a scientific-looking chart! Beauty!

b) THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE in so many ways that I can't even begin to describe it. It must have been her stellar debut CD that won him over. AbsoLUtely not OK.

c) You can stream the new single from Embrace, the British band best known for the 2004 song "Gravity" (and their Coldplay connection). It's called Nature's Law and it comes from the album This New Day, out March 27.

d) I thought this was extremely funny for all you facebookers who may have been affected by the long arm of the law in the past. The "cake stand" is awesome.

e) Aquarium Drunkard has a lovely little Josh Rouse live set for download from the White Sessions in France 2005. I have really been enjoying "Quiet Town," which I posted on Monday. Listening to it on repeat (along with that stu-pen-dous Otis Redding version of Cupid...absolutely LOVE it).

f) Gwen Stefani is uber-cute. Bono can kiss my belly anytime (although mine is definitively not like hers at the moment).

g) Nada Surf will be interviewed and perform on Air America this Friday, February 10 (tomorrow). They are currently on tour with Rogue Wave.

h) Download the new one from Swedish band The Concretes here: "On The Radio" (thanks to Cindy). Sunny day pop music with some lovely harmonies. New album In Colour due March 28, produced by Mike Mogis (Bright Eyes/Rilo Kiley/Cursive).

i) Finally, I think that Jesus is the best interviewer ever and I am so glad he has decided to join the blog world. I know my day is regularly better for it. Wait, he kind of invented interviewing, didn't he?

    (Gratuitous Singles content not related to post; just because I love the movie. Wait, can I put a picture containing the word "dick" immediately after an item referencing Jesus?)

    5 Comments:

    At February 09, 2006 10:48 AM, Blogger heather said...

    taylor, i couldn't tell if you were serious or not (but great post!), and when I read it out loud to myself it sounded gramatically weird, so i changed it from musical to music. makes more sense to me. good work though on the above-referenced chain!

     
    At February 09, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Chad said...

    sorry to show my gossip nerdiness, but hasn't ryan been dating parker posey for quite a while now?

    wouldn't this mean there's no room for LiLo?

     
    At February 09, 2006 12:34 PM, Blogger Styeiles said...

    yeah Heather I`m pissed about the Lohan/Adams thing too...like WTF is he thinking...I can`t imagine it going anywhere...could you see her name in the liner notes of one of his albums...I didn`t think so...hopefully it will pass

     
    At February 09, 2006 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The new Concretes album is lovely, lovely...not that I heard it...;-)

     
    At February 10, 2006 7:37 AM, Blogger The Hensons said...

    Funny story about facebook. I'm in Law School and a friend of mine lost his job due to what he had put on facebook.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Stats tracked by StatCounter