I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, February 26, 2006

New Pearl Jam (snippet): Worldwide Suicide

Now this is a mixed bag because the 15 seconds of this song is really nothing more than a teaser, and I can't even say what I think at this point, other than that this song has a pretty solid, catchy riff. Kind of reminds me of Do The Evolution in the caged energy and making me want to jump around. You can download 15 seconds of the song here if you want to hear it for now. Your trusty blogger here will try her best to seek out a full-length mp3 as soon as possible.

New album still slated for May 2 on the J Records label. Vedder has said of the new album, during a Brazilian radio interview, "It's easily the best stuff we've done but also some of the hardest stuff. It's very aggressive, because again, it's kind of a product of what it's like to be an American these days. It's pretty aggressive, especially when you turn it loud."

The album is currently untitled, but Vedder says he was kicking around titles which play off of one of the best albums from the '90s, Soundgarden's Superunknown: "I was thinking of the word 'un-owned' -- not owned by anybody," he said. "The sky is un-owned. The moon is un-owned. We're un-owned. We want to remain un-owned. The title was 'Superun-owned."

And I think that is rad.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2006 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the new stuff ... WWS sounds great ... reminds me of whipping

 
At February 27, 2006 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked and looked for the full version without luck. Nice to know that Pearl Jam still has some loyal fans out there in the blogging world. Thanks for the countinued PJ coverage. You have become a daily read for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter