I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, February 16, 2006

New One From The Streets

I am liking the beat on this advance single from The Streets. And I've got a small penchant for accents, esp of the English/Irish/Scottish variety (maybe that's why I could watch So I Married An Axe Murderer over and over and over again?), hence I like to listen to Mike Skinner ramble on. He's got a sense of humor (humour) and this track is good times. And, you know, in-depth, thought-provoking lyrics that really make you think, like "when you're a famous boy, it gets really easy to get girls...it's oh so easy..."

"When You Wasn't Famous" - The Streets

The single will be released March 27, and the new album 'The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living' is due April 10. Thanks to Zombies blog for tracking this one down.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 16, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Lizzy said...

Yes! finally someone put it up. thank yoU!

 
At February 16, 2006 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm not really such a thing as a British accent old chap. Still, nice to hear Mick in such fine fettle. ta, js

 
At February 16, 2006 7:38 PM, Blogger heather said...

cactus limey, you are so right. kind of a misnomer, but it just goes to show that people in the US always just say 'a British accent,' and so I guess i never stopped to think what that actually meant. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter