I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, January 30, 2006

The Redwalls: Rare track & Oasis tour

One of the freshest sounding releases I bought last summer was De Nova from The Redwalls, whom I mentioned a few days ago in my post about OK Go. Some of you expressed an interest in learning more about them, so here you go (look how easy that was).

When I first heard "It's Love You're On" by The Redwalls last February, I thought they were some '60s band I'd never heard before - pleasing vocal harmonies, catchy hooks, a great crunchy sound. This Chicago quartet (vocalist/guitarist Logan Baren, vocalist/bassist Justin Baren, vocalist/guitarist Andrew Langer, and drummer Ben Greeno) ranges in dewy-fresh age from 20 to 22 years old, but sound much more mature to me, musically.

I was blown away seeing them live. Four young guys, shaggy dark hair, tight pants, pointed boots - like straight-up British Invasion brought back to life (oh wait, did it ever die?). They looked so young; I remember telling my friend Heidi that I felt like we were at a high school talent show (albeit one of very high caliber, minus the teenage band names like Janitors Against Apartheid and Liquid Courage). These kids have stage presence and swagger galore (although, really, who at 22 opening for all these great bands *wouldn't* swagger just a tad?).

The Redwalls are opening for Oasis on five shows this March. If you live in Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, or Houston, for the love of all that's holy go check them out! They'll be huge.

I just got emailed a rare Redwalls track from the vault, off the Japanese import version of De Nova. Enjoy!

Memories - The Redwalls

BONUS: For another little sample of their sound, here is one of my favorite tracks off De Nova. I highly recommend their album:

It's Alright - The Redwalls

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 30, 2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first heard Redwalls, I thought it was an old John Lennon track!

 
At March 16, 2006 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the Redwalls and just got to hear Memories. I can't wait for their next album.

 
At March 16, 2006 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the Redwalls and just got to hear Memories. I can't wait for their next album.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter