I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Just last night I was reminded of just how bad it had gotten

Violent Femmes are on tour! I saw them once in Santa Cruz (CA) and it was a mixed experience but definitely glad that I went. I remember that singer Gordon Gano was belligerent that night and kept bullying the crowd. So, uh, stay away from the front I guess.

But the boys that helped us all blister in the sun and learn how to count our pills whilst we are overdosing are icons of . . . slacker rock? Off-key folk-punk? Whatever you call it, icons for sure and I think you need to go see them.

Jan 28 Tucson, Rialto Theatre
Jan 29 Tempe, Marquee Theatre
Jan 31 San Diego, House of Blues
Feb 1 Los Angeles, House of Blues
Feb 2 Santa Cruz, Catalyst Club
Feb 3 San Francisco, The Fillmore
Feb 4 Stockton, CA, Bob Hope Theater
Feb 5 Arcata, CA, Humboldt University
Feb 17 Thessaloniki, Greece, Principal Club
Feb 18 Athens, Greece, Club 22
Feb 19 Athens, Greece, Club 22
Feb 21 Cork, IRL, Savoy
Feb 23 Limerick, IRL, Trinity Rooms
Feb 24 Galway, IRL, Roisin Dubh
Feb 25 Dublin, IRL, Vicar St.
Feb 26 London, Shepherds Bush Empire
Feb 28 Oslo, Norway, Rockefeller
March 9 Cleveland, House of Blues
March 10 Columbus, LC Pavilion (formerly the Promo West Pavilion)
July 28 Del Mar, CA Del Mar Race Track

And if you don't already have it: "Prove My Love" - Violent Femmes


I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 9:53 PM, Blogger wwjblog said...

and now, ladies and gents, the lyrics to my all time favorite violent femmes song:

Me Walking on the Water

Oh my, oh my, oh my,
what if it was true?
and oh my, oh my, oh my,
tell me is it true.
Did I, did I, did I
die upon that cross?
and did I, did I, did I
come back across?

Me walking on the water.
Sweet Me walking in the sky.
Sinking sand, took your hand, raised you up,
and brought you up.
You can hold your head up high.

Will you, will you, will you
be true to your birth?
and will you, will you, will you give what you're worth?
Oh yes sir, yes sir, yes sir,
I come when you call,
and yes sir, yes sir, yes sir, sweet Me, your all-in-all.

Gordon loves me, this I know,
cause he prays and tells me so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter