I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jeff Buckley live

I love Jeff Buckley so much that sometimes if I listen to him at night, in the dark, his music almost makes me physically ache. That's how I felt when I heard this live track. Am I melodramatic? Of course.

But for real, LISTEN to him singing Nina Simone (Nina Simone!) and see. If it does not touch you, then perhaps you have a cold block of ice in your chest in place of a beating and sentient heart.

If You Knew - from Live at Sin-é

Also, here is Buckley covering Velvet Underground and Bob Dylan. Interesting live radio studio banter as well. Sometimes I forget that he was a real person, if that makes sense.

All Tomorrow's Parties (live) - Jeff Buckley
Mama, You've Been On My Mind
(live) - Jeff Buckley
(there is a great studio version of this as well on the Grace Legacy Edition CD)

And in the news, there is a Jeff Buckley documentary (Amazing Grace) which I am somehow just now hearing of. It apparently screened at the Cinequest Film Festival back in San Jose in March when I was totally still living there. How did I miss that?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 31, 2006 3:00 PM, Blogger c said...

it is a bit dramatic, but it's impossible to describe the beauty that is jeff's voice. really angelic, yet not sacharine. at all.
goood stuff, as always.
peace

 
At February 01, 2006 7:07 AM, Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Darn it! My computer wont open the file and play it. You already know I love Nina, but I also like Buckley and the Velvet Underground.

I'll have to find a way to open and hear these.

 
At March 05, 2006 6:40 AM, Blogger Feel no shame for who you are. said...

buckley is the untold hero under rated and overly mocked for winging i say screw them he's a god and a indperation to any music lover people should just let him rest in peace and thank him for what he did not to mock him and some how take what he acheaved away from him. well however sad the loss of jeff is life gose on but at least i have shelf full of memories. sorry for the tangent not realy that relevent sorry.! ye i heard about the documentary too well the new one anyway havent seen it yeet but i will asap

 
At June 16, 2007 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ainda hoje é difícil descrever o que sinto ao ouvir o "meu amigo" Jeff. É, como alguém já comentou, angelical. Fecho os olhos e vejo-me lá em cima com ele. Costuma-se dizer que só morre quem já terminou a sua tarefa neste mundo... Jeff acabou a sua?
By the way... this is portuguese.
and... as long as I have Jeff's music, I'll have my mind's satisfied for the rest of my life.

 
At January 20, 2008 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

s says.....

Jeff Buckley has brought the greatest beauty and humanity to my life. He is my connection to love and
through his music I learn how to deal with missing him. He makes my soul soar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter