I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Define: raconteur

Thanks to Connor and Nathaniel, I now know that a raconteur is "one who excels in telling stories and anecdotes," and it is also the joint musical effort bringing together Mr. Jack White and Mr. Brendan Benson (along with Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler) for a little bit o' musica. The Raconteurs' 7" single was released today (well, technically yesterday) in the UK/Europe, and hits stateside on March 7.

Side A: "Steady, As She Goes" - The Raconteurs
Side B: "Store Bought Bones" - The Raconteurs

And I agree with iGIF that The Raconteurs' website is one of the most glorious things I have seen lately, since my first computer was in like 1983, a TI-99 for Christmas with a screen just as lo-tech as their site.

And since we are vaguely, loosely, talking about the White Stripes, let me also throw this cover out there. It sucks (maybe because I just like the original so much) but I suppose it is all in good fun, and interesting, so it gets blogged.

"Seven Nation Army" - Damien Rice & Vyvienne Long

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 31, 2006 12:23 AM, Blogger Nathaniel said...

this is me flipping off the other 598 people for you!

 
At January 31, 2006 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog while looking for people who wrote about the wonderful talent of mr. Matt Nathanson. Lots of fun references to good music in your blog. Like it a lot! Best regards from Norway.

 
At January 31, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger heather said...

jspaceman, thanks for stopping by. i definitely did get that song from your blog and should credit you immediately since I had forgotten where i found it. too much downloading in one day. everyone, visit jspaceman's blog. (even though I don't especially care for this particular cover):
http://killyourcoworkers.blogspot.com/

thanks, jspaceman, and sorry i couldn't remember to credit you before.

 
At January 31, 2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGWTFBBQZZTOP - TI-99(4a)! ah, to play Hunt the Wumpus one more time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter