I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Monday, January 02, 2006

Cat Power touring with Memphis Rhythm Band

The smoky Ms. Chan (pronounced "Shawn") Marshall (a.k.a. Cat Power) is taking to the road in 2006 for a few shows. If you are lucky enough to live in one of these towns, you might check her out. Sometimes she is amazing live, other times I have heard a bit uneven. But I would take my chances, personally:

Feb 14 - NYC - Town Hall
Feb 18 - Boston - Berklee Performance Center
Feb 20 - Seattle - Moore Theatre
Feb 22- Los Angeles - Wilshire Ebell
Feb 23 - San Francisco- Palace of Fine Arts
Feb 24 - San Francisco- Palace of Fine Arts
Feb 26 - Chicago - The Vic
Mar 04 - London - The Barbican
Mar 08 - Paris - Grand Rex

DOWNLOAD: Here is the title track from her latest CD, "The Greatest," coming out January 24, 2006.

P.S. Am I the only one who didn't know how hot she was? Just discovered this in trolling for the pic for the post.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 02, 2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i went to look for her after this too and wow...she is really hot. and talented tooo...but hot too!

 
At January 02, 2006 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I really meant it when I said this is a nice blog. You're so passionate about the stuff you're blogging about. I can never be like that. It's great to see others be like that though. It instills me with a little more faith in humanity.

I truly hated my other blog.

Addie
(formerly known as the horrendous blogger marshmellow_parade)

 
At January 03, 2006 10:40 AM, Blogger heather said...

Jesus emailed me and it made me laugh out loud so I thought I'd share it in the form of a comment:

"i checked out your blog and im excited that you think cat power is cute. i spent a little extra time on her.

i love you,
jesus christ"

Check out Jesus' blog at http://whatwouldjb.blogspot.com/

 
At May 03, 2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are the members of the Memphis Rhythm Band?

 
At September 29, 2006 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Members are:
Teenie Hodges- Guitar
David Smith-Bass Guitar
Rick Steff-Keyboards
Steve Potts or Greg Lundy-Drums
Doug Easley-Guitar
Jim Spake-Sax
Scott Thompson-Trumpet
Susan Marshall-Background Vocals
Queen Ann Hines-Background Vocals
Roy Brewer-Violin
All the band played on "The Greatest." They are made up, mostly, of A-Team Session Players based in Memphis.They've played on Tons of Records! Everything from Al Green to The Gin Blossoms to Jonny Lang to Buddy Guy to Christian Rocker, Todd Agnew. GREAT, TALENTED BUNCH OF MUSICIANS!!..I live right outside of Memphis. I know a couple of the members of the band. I'm also a "Read The Credits On The Back Of CDs" Nerd!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter