I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, December 24, 2005

"Wakin' up the reindeer, makin' little kids cheer"

For my *final* seasonal post, a little '60s punk rock cover:

"Don't Believe in Christmas"
Pearl Jam

(right click, save target as)

This was one of the two songs on the Pearl Jam 2002 Christmas Single vinyl (ask me sometime to show you all of them; I've got the whole set and look for any excuse to bust 'em out).

It is a cover of a song by The Sonics, a '60s-era Tacoma, Washington punk band. This is a live version from the second night of Pearl Jam's epic 2002 club shows at The Showbox in Seattle.

So jump around by the stockings and make a little mistletoe romance with this good-time tune.

Merry Christmas, guys. May we all remember how blessed we are.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 25, 2005 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!
Merry Christmas to you too.

Hope you're enjoying those Notwist tunes.

Thanks for the Christmas song.

Enjoy the feasting.

 
At December 24, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger clint said...

i want to download this gem but i have a mac. can't right click.. help me!

 
At December 24, 2006 8:56 AM, Blogger heather said...

Clint, this link is from last year and dead (have no idea how to help you with that Mac stuff) but all the PJ Christmas singles were re-posted at the beginning of December 2006, so that link is still live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter