I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, December 31, 2005

She's dressed in yellow. She says hello.

If you mentally recited, "Come sit next to me, you fine fellow" after you read today's subject header, then THIS POST IS FOR YOU.

Okay (why do I do this to myself?). I want to talk tonight about Bust A Move and Young MC. Yes, seriously. You know you need a show-stopper to play at your New Year's Eve party tonight.

This song came up on my iPod shuffle mix recently and I impressed my cohorts with my fresh rapping skills (just call me Left Eye), and the fact that I knew ALL the lyrics (including the moaning part after we "Break it down for me fellas"). This is due to the fact that I owned the cassette single.

I thought that you might enjoy it too, some of you (the rest of you have already left to click off somewhere more erudite).

You know you want to download it, bob your chin forward and back, make some embarrasing rapper hand gestures while you try to recall all the lyrics.

"Bust A Move" - Young MC

Here is a bonus trivia question, and I will find something cool to send to the first person who can leave me a comment answering it: What is Young MC's real name, as revealed in the groundbreaking work, Principal's Office? Hint: he tells it to that girl he is passing notes to in class.

Oh, man. I might regret this post in the morning. Happy New Year. And no, I haven't been drinking yet.

6 Comments:

At December 31, 2005 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin Young?

 
At December 31, 2005 5:04 PM, Blogger heather said...

Correct. "I said, 'Hi, my name is Marvin known as Young MC.'" Wow, that only took like 10 minutes from the time I posted it. I KNEW there were some other lame-os out there (like me!) - So, chip, what kind of prize do you want? I drank away all of my creativity last night.

 
At December 31, 2005 8:59 PM, Blogger Chad said...

If I had answered first, I totally would have gotten it too...because I OWNED THE FREAKING SINGLE (cassette tape style) FOR "PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE"!

That's how rad I was in sixth grade, yo.

"No school lunch next week, I'm brown bagging it..."

 
At December 31, 2005 9:54 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said...

i would download this if i didnt already own it on two different cds. haha...

 
At January 01, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger heather said...

yes, we are ALL so cool. someday we should get together and all bring our cassette singles from elementary school. I will contribute my Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch "Wildside" single.

 
At January 02, 2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I had the biggest crush on Young MC. I wonder if I still have all of my cassettes from the 80s...

Slightly OT: In a most regrettable moment, I went to my first concert in the late 80s. Unfortunately I was not very discerning and chose to see Milli Vanilli. I hope that this fact will not ruin our chance to be friends, Heather ;)

PS Did you know that Milli Vanilli could sing and make out with girls on stage at the same time? Its true. I saw it with my own two eyes, from the nosebleed section of the Orlando Arena.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter