I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Matthew Sweet Coverville


Matthew Sweet is The Man. He has the perfect golden, dulcet voice and writes radiant songs. I spent a good part of 1995 listening to Matthew Sweet (100% Fun is a gem in my collection), so here are two fine covers of his music that I have come across in the last few weeks and been duly pleased.

"Girlfriend" - Benjamin Wagner (thanks to stereogum)

"Sick of Myself" - Death Cab for Cutie (thanks to Yeti Don't Dance)

...And how about to round things out, a nice cover done by Sweet himself?

"Let Me Be The One" - Matthew Sweet (Carpenters cover)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter