I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Let's talk about Ryan Adams again because it is *his* day today

The new Ryan Adams album "29" is released today, officially! Oh, it is KILLING ME, but I feel obligated to WAIT UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS to buy this for myself. Dang December 20 releases!

REASONING: I put it out there on my Froogle wishlist, and if, for instance, my mom has already bought it for me, I can't very well go and buy it for myself five days before Christmas, can I?

ALTERNATE PLAN: I could go down to the Independent Records downtown this very day and covertly buy myself a copy and not tell anyone (except you). That's an idea. I may not be able to wait until after Christmas. I have already waited longer than like 2/3 of the Ryan Adams fans in this world who have the whole leaked record in advance. Aargh!

Anyways, here is some non-rambling content. This is a great review of 29 over at Cokemachineglow. Rare the music review that is actually interesting to read. I felt that this one really gave me a sense of what to expect. His album is getting excellent reviews from every reviewer I have read or talked to. Can't wait.

Here is Nightbirds, which is the third track on 29.

"Nightbirds" - Ryan Adams (mp3)

This live version is from the 2004 tour, and shows him getting back into the beautiful piano-based sound of Love is Hell. Very lovely. If you are not constrained by Christmas wishlists, as I am, head out to your local music store today and pick it up.

PS - Anyone up for a trip to the UK in February with me? You think I'd learn.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 20, 2005 11:28 PM, Blogger marc said...

lovely.

 
At December 21, 2005 8:02 AM, Blogger Rich Waterman said...

Yeah, Jason's right, plus buying yourself christmas presents is fun.

 
At December 25, 2005 2:51 PM, Blogger heather said...

For those keeping score, i didn't get 29 for Christmas. But luckily I bought it for myself yesterday when I was at Independent Records (JUST IN CASE)! Can't wait to devote the attention it requires.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter