I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, December 03, 2005

A few more Christmas tracks

Okay, here are a few more good Christmas tracks I discovered on the Something Old, Something New blog. I promise this will be my last holiday post for a while, I will try to restrain myself.

Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas, Eels
The Christmas Song, Weezer
Just Like Christmas, Low
1963 Fanclub Christmas Album, The Beatles
(not really listenable as music, but a nice trifle of memorabilia)

One more random thought I have recently had while being assailed by Christmas music. Can we talk for a second about that line in Walking In A Winter Wonderland where they sing, "He'll say are you married? We'll say no man, but you can do the job when you're in town." (?!?) That has always seemed a little racy to me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger James Harris said...

I agree sounds spicy... but unfortunatley the song refers to Parson Brown as the snowman. A Parson is a priest, so most likely the job they refer to is a wedding ceremony. dang! I like the hot version better too.

 
At December 09, 2005 6:43 AM, Blogger Michael said...

hey Heather

glad you liked the xmas post, thanks for the link

happy holidays

 
At December 16, 2005 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,I finally listened to the Christmas mix and I love it! It's not sucky Christmas music at all. One suggestion to add: Christmas Song by Dave Matthews, who I know you don't really like, but that is a great song. Love your blog, sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter