I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, September 19, 2008

it's got lots to do with magnets and the pull of the moon

One of my favorite bands discovered in 2008, the eloquent and eviscerating Frightened Rabbit from Scotland have finally recorded a Daytrotter session for your musical consumption. Check out four songs: "My Backwards Walk" and "Poke" from Midnight Organ Fight (substituting the Scottish way of saying head - heeed!- on the latter tune for the bad four letter word that starts with a c), plus "Be Less Rude" and this one from 2006's Sing The Greys:

Square 9 (live on Daytrotter) - Frightened Rabbit

Of the song, frontman Scott tells Daytrotter: "I was heavily into Doves at this time, and still am. This was some attempt to ape their sound and rhythmic pounding. I was also interested in using that Blue Monday kick drum on an indie rock track. The song itself is based on the common theme of wanting to start again with someone. Throwing out what’s happened before and remembering why you were together in the first place." I interviewed Scott back in June and I have continued to listen to the current record at least once a week since then.

Get the other three downloads and words here. Frightened Rabbit is currently on tour with Death Cab For Cutie and Spinto Band.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 19, 2008 8:04 PM, Blogger Hanan said...

love these guys, and I'm glad they're touring with DCFC so that more people can fall in love with their gorgeous music.

 
At September 20, 2008 5:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i first heard this band when you blogged about them earlier in the year, since then they have quickly become one of my favourite bands and their music has provided countless emotional moments

so, thank you!

 
At September 20, 2008 6:25 PM, Blogger Tawriffic said...

Thanks for the tip... these guys are excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter