I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wilco and Fleet Foxes live in Spokane :: "I Shall Be Released" (Dylan cover)



Knowing how excited the Fleet Foxes were to be touring with Wilco, I smile to watch them stand all crowded around one microphone in this video, shuffling their weight back and forth in what seems like "still flabbergasted" anticipation. Taken 8/21/08 at the Opera House in Spokane, this Dylan cover is just lovely, especially when Tweedy breaks into hearty and unabashed falsetto around the 2 minute mark.

I Shall Be Released (live in Spokane) - Wilco & Fleet Foxes

And hey, remember what my absolute favorite favorite cover of this song is? Yeah.

[thanks once again, Cusa!]

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 01, 2008 5:34 PM, Blogger Tawriffic said...

Nice find Heather. That is the hairiest bunch of backup singers since the muppets.

The whole clip has a real 1970's feel to it.

 
At September 01, 2008 9:09 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said...

Made my day! Thanks!

 
At September 02, 2008 9:02 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thank you, this is amazing!

 
At September 03, 2008 11:55 AM, Blogger Matt Cluthe said...

Thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter