I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kings of Leon wrap 4th album

The June 12 issue of Rolling Stone carries a bit of welcome news from news from Fuel/Friends favorite sons Kings of Leon: they've been drinking, and they just wrapped their fourth album. Only By The Night will be released September 23rd on RCA Records. It was recorded at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, TN, and was produced by Angelo Petraglia, Jacquire King and Kings of Leon.

If you don't have supersonic vision (I do) the article reads:

"'I know I sound like a fucking cock right now,' says Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill, 'But this is the first time I've really been proud of myself track for track.' After a grueling 2007 tour, and Caleb's recent surgery to repair his arm after a fistfight with brother Nathan ('Nathan won'), the Kings planned to take a well-deserved break. But when we called them, they were at Nashville's Blackbird Studio, wrapping their fourth disc, out in September.

Three days after his surgery, Caleb says he removed his arm from a sling and began writing. 'I don't know if it was the pills or what, but the melodies were so much stronger than anything I've ever done - it's just really beautiful songs.' In addition to the pills, the band members say they drank all day to fuel songs like 'Cold Desert' and 'Crawl.' (In the latter, Caleb touches on politics: 'Let's just say that Sean Penn is gonna like us more,' he says).

'We had to get drunk because we all have girlfriends to go home and deal with,' he says, before passing the phone to drummer Nathan, who adds, 'Caleb just blew a 1.2 on the Breathalyzer we have here.'
"


KINGS OF LEON
JANUARY 9, 2008
SYDNEY JJJ RADIO BROADCAST
Black Thumbnail
Taper Jean Girl
King of the Rodeo
My Party
Holy Roller Novocaine
The Bucket
Milk
Arizona
McFearless
Camaro
On Call
Molly's Chambers
Spiral Staircase

ZIP: KINGS OF LEON LIVE IN SYDNEY
(re-upped)


[photo from Monolith 2007]

Labels:

14 Comments:

At June 17, 2008 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings from SC - fresh off of Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon performance last night in Columbia. All I can say is wow. Three hours of pure face-melting from PJ and an amazing open from KoL - including Eddie's joyful tambourine bashing on KoL's Slow Night, So Long. Be sure to check out the official bootleg Heather.

 
At June 17, 2008 5:40 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Sweet. Release date?

 
At June 17, 2008 7:43 PM, Blogger heather said...

andy, article says september -- beyond that i don't know a specific date.

 
At June 18, 2008 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Just so you know, that "yousendit" link to the .zip version isn't valid anymore...

 
At June 18, 2008 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks heather.
me love.

jethronh

 
At June 18, 2008 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The download limit has been reached for this file. Please contact the sender and ask them to resend the file."

Can you refresh the zippage, ppppuuuhhlease? Thanks!

 
At June 18, 2008 8:56 AM, Blogger heather said...

Yeah, my server is down on and off , and the YouSendIt was a temporary stop-gap measure. I will put it up on my server as soon as my server will accept it! Check back.

 
At June 18, 2008 1:28 PM, Blogger Bona Fide Darling said...

Yeah, I'm sure Nathan and Caleb got into a fight involving a girl. It seems to happen a lot these days.

I also love how Nathan has the taped up OU Sooners logo on his kit.

 
At June 18, 2008 5:24 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Thanks for re-upping this, Heather!

 
At June 18, 2008 5:55 PM, Blogger kastanya karraska said...

NO SE DONDE SAQUÉ ESTE BLOG ---------- PERO ES DE LO MEJOR ´´´´SALUDOS DESDE ESPAÑA

 
At June 23, 2008 2:07 PM, Blogger heather said...

Andy - updated original post with new info just received: release date and title! Sept 23.

 
At July 04, 2008 2:48 PM, Blogger Sally Jo Who said...

A little late on this.

I actually went to the SC show. Incredible. Pearl Jam was amazing, and ended up a KoL fan. So..two birds with one stone. :)

I was wondering if you had any more Kings of Leon live shows to spare. I already got their 3 albums, but listening to this bootleg made me crave more KoL live. Pretty pretty please??? I would really appreciate it. :)

 
At July 04, 2008 3:13 PM, Blogger heather said...

Hey Ssally Jo - try the live Day Old Belgian Blues EP -- great stuff.

 
At July 04, 2008 3:18 PM, Blogger Sally Jo Who said...

Good enough. I'm on it. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter