I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ryan Adams EP due October 23

According to the folks at Lost Highway, Ryan Adams fans accustomed to prolificacy will not be disappointed in 2007 -- a seven song EP is due to hit shelves in a mere six weeks.

The excellent Paste Magazine (who will feature Ryan on the cover of their November issue) reported today:

The EP will include two brand new songs, “Follow The Lights” and “My Love For You Is Real,” both of which will be featured prominently on the upcoming season of ABC’s October Road.

Also on the EP are live-in-the-studio versions of “Blue Hotel,” a song Adams wrote for Willie Nelson that appeared on the country legend’s Adams-produced album Songbird; new versions of previously released tracks “Dear John” (Jacksonville City Nights), "This Is It” (Rock N Roll) and “If I Am A Stranger” (Cold Roses); and a cover of Alice In Chains’ “Down In A Hole.”


This joins the purported box set of unreleased Ryan goodness now due sometime in 2008. Yeehaw!

To get you all excited-like, here is what you can expect to hear on the EP (well, five-sevenths of it) -- these are a few live + alternate versions of songs that will be featured:

My Love For You Is Real (live in Sweden 2001, great version)
Blue Hotel (live at the End Of The Road Festival, 9/17/06)
This Is It (live 5/6/05, Columbus, OH)
Down In A Hole (Alice in Chains cover, live 5/16/07)
If I'm A Stranger (alternate version; a delicious crackly rip from the Now That You're Gone 7" vinyl)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, My Love For You Is Real has been my favorite Ryan unreleased song since I first heard it a few years ago.

You will love it Heather, excellent news.


Jason

 
At September 12, 2007 1:29 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Thanks for the live versions!

 
At September 12, 2007 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking so forward to this...despite the fact that it seems like a pretty odd mix of songs/performances.

 
At September 12, 2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

as always, I'm fully aroused by this ryan announcement.

 
At September 12, 2007 3:17 PM, Blogger kingdomforavoice said...

That is great news.

 
At September 12, 2007 8:11 PM, Blogger OKRyan said...

My Love For You Is Real was my 1st dance song, well me & my wife anyway...

 
At September 13, 2007 3:40 AM, Blogger Carles said...

I don't think we could ever have enough Ryan Adams.

 
At September 14, 2007 3:10 PM, Blogger drewcif said...

Heather!

Amazing live "My Love for Your is Real", it made my lower lip quiver a little.

You're one of my favorite bloggers, in a sea of banality. Thank you.

 
At September 18, 2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I've never heard the alternate If I Am A Stranger, thanks for that!

 
At September 20, 2007 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adams is a self-serving jackass... but he does occasionally write a good song. I can't wait to rip this ep without paying for it.

 
At October 01, 2007 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sings like Adam Sandler. Let's take a look at how he writes:

"My love's as tough as steel
you cross your T's and dot your I's
you done taught me how to feel
it's like a long goodbye
it's wild as hell
yeah and river long
yes, rock strong
oh, wild as hell
honey now, my love for you is real"


I think our time is better spent waiting for Nil Lara than celebrating middle school poetry like this.

Ryan Adams - overrated since Summer of '69.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter