I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Friday, March 09, 2007

I was bleedin' on someone, and dreamin' of you

A new tune from a band I recently heard about and can't get enough of, Ike Reilly Assassination is from Chicago and make fun, no-nonsense guitar rock. Recommended for fans of Lucero, Springsteen, Roger Clyne, Jon Spencer or just anyone who likes a little rock 'n' roll now and again.

From the opening lyric, "I belong to the staggering evening, I belong to the sweltering night," this song could be the perfect way to wish you off into your weekends. It's pretty much about drinking and fighting, broken noses, Violent Femmes concerts, lesbians, smashed balls, and Serbian girls -- so basically my average weekend.

When Irish Eyes Are Burning - Ike Reilly Assassination
(highly recommended for this Friday night)

From the upcoming fourth album from Ike Reilly, We Belong To The Staggering Evening, due out May 8th. They'll be hitting the road in April, check their MySpace for dates when posted.

And turn it up.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 09, 2007 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so your a lesbian?

 
At March 09, 2007 6:20 PM, Blogger Housewives? said...

Is the Ike Reilly Assassination the same person as Ike Reilly- Salesmen and Racists?

 
At March 09, 2007 6:35 PM, Blogger heather said...

yes, housewives - same Ike.

 
At March 09, 2007 11:21 PM, Blogger Housewives? said...

awesome, in that case I'll be sure to pick up the album.

 
At March 10, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger The Jacket said...

They make a mighty fine noise, if only I could get over to the Emerald Isle ...

 
At March 11, 2007 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That album "Salesmen and Racists" is unbelievably good. At the time it appeared on a lot of Top 10 lists, but a year or so later it was in a lot 99 cent bins.

I can't recommend it too much -- Dylan, a hip-hop influence, and swaggering rock. Most of all fantastic lyrics.

Bruce K.

 
At March 16, 2008 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, Nice Blog! I like Ike too ;)

Stop by my mypage pg. check out some of the Irish music I got playing!

http://myspace.com/imatomcat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter