I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS

...we've got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. (Pearl Jam, Leash)

Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Black Crowes want to put something in your stocking for ya

Oh, I am SO out of season. What the heck, Heather? Well, compare this post to your half-off after-Christmas sale. You can get really good things after the holidays are over.

I was a little slow on the uptake finding this new Black Crowes cover of an old R&B/Blues song, and didn't find it until after Christmas (like January), and then I forgot to post it. But take a listen, it is so good, so swaggering, so Southern-moonlight that I had to post it.

Back Door Santa - Black Crowes

Chris and Rich Robinson are heading out on an acoustic tour in April, just the two of them. That will be insane - just look at the intimate and rad venues in San Francisco alone! Tix onsale next week:

ACOUSTIC TOUR DATES
4/13 - Brooklyn - Warsaw (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)
4/14 - New York - Frederick P. Rose Hall (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)
4/15 - New York - Town Hall (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)
4/17 - Austin - Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2/17 @ Noon)
4/18 - Austin - Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2/17 @ Noon)
4/20 - San Francisco - Café Du Nord (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)
4/21 - San Francisco - The Fillmore (on sale: Sun 2/26 @10:00 AM)
4/22 - San Francisco - Bimbo’s 365 (on sale: Fri 2/24 @10:00 AM)
4/24 - Los Angeles - The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ 11:00 AM)
4/25 - Los Angeles - The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ 11:00 AM)

There is a live DVD coming out from the Crowes in March, titled Freak 'N' Roll into the Fog, recorded at the Fillmore in San Francisco in 2005. There's also a new album alleged in 2006 from these guys, but nothing concrete. Let's hope.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2006 9:47 PM, Blogger Casey Dorrell said...

ok, ok, I admit, I was familiar with everyone's site on the list except yours. My jealous rage led me to not investigate further.

I'm willing to concede that this is a pretty sweet blog (was especially happy to see the new Streets which I'll link up tomorrow) . . . but does it make you deserving of extra Jesus-love? Hard to say.

 
At February 18, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Pete said...

You ever get the feeling all the bands you really want to hear always skip Denver?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats tracked by StatCounter