Things you learn when you finally check your MySpace account
1. Steve Nash (basketball poster boy from my alma mater Santa Clara University) likes to get all freaky-like (from a MySpace bulletin from Gorilla vs. Bear).
And speaking of Santa Clara, last night at the gym I nearly flew off the treadmill when I looked up at the bo-ring sports channel TV that I always seem to get stuck in front of and saw a USA vs. Ireland rugby match on ESPN-U that was taking place at good ole Buck Shaw Stadium there on the SCU campus (took place on Saturday, aired Tuesday)! It was so cool & unexpected to see very familiar landmarks and maybe even a few faces in the crowd while a few states away.
2. Rocky Votolato has a new video for “White Daisy Passing,” which is a song I featured early on in a Monday Music Roundup and I still enjoy immensely. Rocky Votolato also looks suspiciously like my cousin Alan. However, he is not.
3. Roger Clyne recommends my interview with him to his MySpace friends (file under: “near gave me a heart attack” and “muy cool”)
4. There is a free in-store with the Raconteurs at Amoeba SF at 8pm tonight.
5. Leona Naess is playing a handful of gigs in London this month.
If only I checked MySpace more often. Imagine the endless limits of my musical knowledge.